Learn to create tall thin vessels, experimenting with opalescent and transparent glass to create new tones and subtle colour blending.
In this class, we’ll cover how to:
- build the flat blanks, taking into consideration mass, heat, time, colour, and opacity
- think about design and colour options
- finish the glass vessel through a wide variety of coldworking methods
- apply my preferred firing schedule for each project option
Now let’s stretch our glass and our skills, making tall vessels that boast stunning colours and enticing designs!
This live online class includes:
- Long-term access to Master Class Video: Tall Vessels with Amanda Simmons, a long-format instructional video (1 hour)
- A valuable class guide packed with helpful information, including two designs not covered in the original video
- Live viewing and review of bonus video content not included in the original Master Class Video
- The chance to ask questions in real time over Zoom with Amanda Simmons—with a focus on class projects during the second session
- PLUS: If you already own the Simmons Master Class Video, contact us for a coupon code to save $125 off your class registration. This code is for existing Master Class Video owners and not transferable to other students. You must own the video in your name to qualify for this code. If you do not yet own the Simmons Master Class Video, your full price class registration includes perpetual access to it. We will send you an email a few days before the first class session with a personalized coupon code to sign up for access to the video at no additional charge.
The class will happen over two sessions:
- The first of these is a Viewing Party where you go through the video lesson chapter by chapter with your cohort and instructor Amanda Simmons. Students will be able to ask questions and get live answers throughout this session.
- The second live, online session will take place several weeks later, after you’ve had time to try the technique. During the follow up, students will review each others’ uploaded images of Tall Vessel projects. You’ll discuss what worked, what didn’t, and why.
We believe this entire package is an exceptional way to learn! It’s an opportunity to get a thorough, step-by-step understanding of how to create tall vessels. So get ready to join two live Q&A sessions with artist Amanda Simmons, to share your work, to inspire and be inspired, and to take your home studio to wonderful new dimensions.
Materials and Tools
You can preview the class Supply List to get a sense of the supplies you'll need to participate.
- A desktop or laptop computer with strong, reliable internet access is required. A tablet may work, but phones are not recommended. A web camera is optional but encouraged to enhance the class atmosphere.
- Prerequisites: Recommended for beginning-to-advanced students. See the class's supply list linked above.
The Class PDF: At least a day before the class, log into the classes website and go to Account > My Available Downloads where you'll be able to download the class pdf. It contains the instructions and links you'll need for accessing class.