Welcome to Great Plates—Sandblasted! at Resource Center New York. No matter your experience working with glass, this online and in-person class will guide you through the entire process of how to make amazing plates from Bullseye glass using a sandblaster. Your Great Plates class experience will happen in two parts.
In the first part of class, you'll watch two class videos, following along with your Class Guide. You can complete this part of class anytime before part two, when you'll come to Bullseye Resource Center New York to make your own gorgeous plate! We'll supply a glass plate blank for you to design, a clean and spacious studio workspace, and all the tools you need. Plus, you'll get sandblaster access and we'll help you with the kiln work to finish your plate! You'll then be able to pick up your finished piece at the Resource Center as soon as a few days later. We're confident you'll be delighted with your new creation!
To get started, sign up for the class, then download your Class Guide. It contains lots of helpful information, plus the link and password you'll need to access the class videos. Watch the videos, jotting down notes and ideas. Then bring those along with you to your studio time on Saturday, May 28. Again, your time in the studio includes:
- Plenty of elbowroom in our professional studio
- A no-rush, relaxing atmosphere with plenty of time for making your plate
- A prepared plate blank to choose from a variety of color options
- Access to resist tape, cutting tools, safety glasses, glass cleaner, cleaning towels, etc
- The availability of friendly staff to help with your questions
- Use of the studio sandblaster and air compressor
- Two kiln firings (for fusing, then slumping) that our staff will take care of for you
Because your session in the studio will be self-guided, review the online Great Plates class ahead of time. Bring your own laptop or tablet with earphones/earbuds to your Studio Session if you’d like to be able to refer to the video while making your plate. We will have the Class Guide printed for you.
Requirements and Prerequisites
- Long pants and closed toed shoes are recommended in the glass studio.
- Prerequisites: This class is great for beginners or those with glass fusing experience who would like to learn the sandblaster. Ages 18 and over.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 28, at 11am!
Online / May 28 (CLN183-0003) / $95