Glass is a fluid medium, an amorphous solid, a material that readily produces wonderfully organic flowing designs. Because of this fluidity, glass might seem like a tricky medium for crafting accurate linear geometric designs, but kiln-forming techniques are actually well suited for achieving highly precise geometric art.
This class includes:
- 2 live and interactive online sessions with Ian Chadwick
- longterm access to the nearly 2-hour class tutorial video
- a downloadable Class Guide overflowing with helpful information
- a chance to learn with classmates from the comfort of your own studio or home
The class will happen over two sessions:
- The first of these is a Viewing Party where you go through the video lesson chapter by chapter with your cohort and instructor Ian Chadwick. Students will be able to ask questions and get live answers throughout this session.
- The second live, online session will take place several weeks later, after you’ve had time to try the technique. During the follow up, students will review each others’ uploaded images of Geometric Bowl projects. You’ll discuss what worked, what didn’t, and why.
We believe this entire package is an exceptional way to learn! It’s an opportunity to get a thorough, step-by-step understanding of how to create your own geometric bowls in virtually endless color arrangements. So get ready to join two live sessions with Ian Chadwick, to share your work, to inspire and be inspired, and to take your home studio to wonderful new dimensions.
Materials and Tools
You can preview the class Materials List to get a sense of the supplies you'll need to participate.
- We will be using Zoom for the live class sessions. For optimal streaming, Zoom recommends using their desktop program or mobile app. (Only use their web service if you cannot access the other options.) In addition, we strongly recommend using a desktop or laptop computer with all of the following: high-speed internet, a web cam, a microphone, and speakers. A tablet may suffice. Phones, however, should be avoided. Smartphone screens will be too small, and a landline phone will not allow for any interactivity.
- For additional help navigating Zoom, watch our Zoom orientation video.
- Prerequisites: All skill levels welcome! Check out the materials list linked above.
To get started after your purchase of the class, go to Account > My Available Downloads where you'll be able to download the class pdf. It contains the instructions and links you'll need for accessing class.