This workshop is an expanded version of Stacy Smith's popular Powder Printing class. In addition to learning how to create images on glass by pressing dry glass powder through a prepared silkscreen, you will also build on this foundation and join Smith in an exploration of the creative process. Learn image preparation, design possibilities and firing options through various hands-on projects, demonstrations and examples. Then join Smith on a field trip around the city to gather visual information and use the collected images to produce finished work with the powder printing method.
About the Instructor
Stacy Lynn Smith earned a BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. After returning to the Northwest, she mounted her first solo exhibition, Accumulate, in 2010. In 2011, Smith’s work was shown at Art Santa Fe and included in the inFORM exhibition at Bullseye Projects, which showcased kiln-glass by six recent graduates from academic programs. In 2013, her work was exhibited at SOFA Chicago. She completed her graduate studies in printmaking at the Rhode Island School of Design in June 2017.
What past students are saying:
- "The class was an amazing combination of technical information, hands-on practice, and creative inspiration."
- "Exactly what I was looking for: how to create and transfer my photographic images to glass through a non-contact silk screening process."
- "Fantastic class! Very informative, inspirational, interesting, and fun."
- "Wonderful energy, information, and ideas."
- "Stacy could also teach a class in AWESOMENESS!"
No prerequisites, but basic computer and digital image editing skills and basic glass cutting skills are helpful.
- Additional Information
SKU CLB217-0006 Title Collected Images & Powder Printing, with Stacy Lynn Smith Topic No Location Bay Area Instructor Stacy Lynn Smith